Written by: Osmany Barrinat
My wife has been having an issue with the Alpine Audio System of the Jeep 2018 Wrangler JL (new body style). The audio systems makes a static crackling noise from only the 2 front speakers and only when an audio device is connected to the any USB port. We took the car to our local Jeep dealer for service and they weren’t able to fix it. They kept saying that it may be something to do with the actual USB port or the phone device itself.
I searched through many forums, but none worked. I then called Jeep Customer Care at 877-IAMJEEP and they walked me through these steps in order to reset the software which ultimately fixed the issue. I’ll try to be as detailed as possible. These are the steps to reset the software of the infotainment system.
- While you are outside of the car, unlock the car.
- Once inside close the driver side door.
- Press only once the Start/Stop button in order to put the car in “ACC” mode.
- Once you do this you’ll see that the “ACC” lights up in the Start/Stop Engine button.
- Press 2 times Start/Stop button. The Start/Stop button will now light up “Off” (the first time you press the button it goes to Run and the second time it goes to Off).
- Press and hold the Green Phone and Voice Activation buttons at the same time for 35 seconds.
- The infotainment screen may turn off. It is OK if it does or doesn’t.
- Let go of both buttons.
- Open the driver side door for 35 seconds.
- Close the driver side door.
- Turn on the car and engine.
- Test it.
I really hope this solves your issue. Thank you and have a great day.
More from the Author:
For over 16 years I have been utilizing my technology knowledge to help companies in South Florida prosper and grow. I also lead a team of incredibly smart, driven and super efficient IT experts who can literally turn anything you imagine into reality.
My specialties include troubleshooting, designing and implementing Microsoft and Apple Systems for companies of all sizes.
For more information on Tekorder please visit us at: https://www.tekorder.com